What’s active right now?
|Source||Per-message fees (surcharges)||Other Fees (campaign, activation, etc.)|
|Verizon||Active as of Q1 2020||N/A|
|AT&T||Active as of March 1, 2021||N/A|
|T-Mobile||Active as of April 1, 2021||Active starting October 1, 2021|
|US Cellular||Active as of Q1 2021||N/A|
|The Campaign Registry||N/A||Active|
|REMAC||N/A||Active, if contracted|
The following fees are assessed by The Campaign Registry (TCR) and will be charged by them directly if you choose to register through them. Please contact us to discuss the costs of registering through REMAC.
- Platform: $200 one-time fee to register as a Campaign Service Provider (CSP) with TCR
- Brand: $4 non-recurring fee per brand
- Campaign: $10 monthly recurring charge
- Campaign (Low Volume/Class T): $2 monthly recurring charge
- Campaign (Charity and Emergency): $5 monthly recurring charge
- Campaign (Sole Proprietor): $0.75 monthly recurring charge
Note: Each campaign has a 3-month commitment and you’ll continue to be charged for it even if you cancel before the 3-month mark.
Additional carrier fees
Per-message fees (Outbound only):
- .0025 per segment SMS
- .005 per segment MMS
Variable per-message fees (Outbound only) based on the class assigned at registration.
- .002 per segment SMS (Class A, B, C, D, E, F, G, K, S, T, W)
- .003 per segment SMS (Class N)
- .004 per segment SMS (Not Tagged/No Class)
- .0035 per segment MMS ( Class A, B, C, D, E, F, G, K, N, S, T, W)
- .005 per segment MMS (Not Tagged/No Class)
The following T-Mobile per-message fees went into effect on April 1, 2021 and continue to apply to all registered traffic:
- $.003 for Inbound and Outbound SMS
- $.01 for Inbound and Outbound MMS
T-Mobile has delayed increasing per-message fees for unregistered traffic that were originally planned to go live October 1, 2021. We will update you once we have a new date, we expect this update to be coming shortly.
Note: T-Mobile has announced that all of the following fees, except for the Grey Route and the Special Business Review Request, will be enforced beginning October 1, 2021. The Grey Route fees will begin January 1, 2022 and we have not received a start date for the Special Business Review fees.
- Campaign Activation or Migration: A $50 one-time pass-through fee for each campaign registered. This fee does not apply to the Sole Proprietor use case.
- T-Mobile NNID Registration: A $2,000 one-time fee for customers that choose to utilize a custom NNID. This doesn’t apply to most REMAC customers.
- Special Business Review Request: A $5,000 one-time fee for when a customer has an edge use case, such as the use of proxy numbers for business or rideshare, or the brand needs a higher daily throughput than assigned by T-Mobile. A minimum 30 day notice will be communicated prior to enforcing this fee.
Non-compliance fees for violation of practices spelled out in the T-Mobile Code of Conduct:
- Text Enablement: A $10,000 pass-through fee if T-Mobile receives a complaint where you or your message sender text-enables a 10-digit NANP telephone number and sends messages prior to verification of message sender ownership and/or letter of authorization.
- Grey Route: A $10 fee per message if A2P messages are sent over P2P routes.
- 10DLC Long Code Messaging Program Evasion: A $1,000 pass-through fee if a program is found to be using techniques such as snowshoeing, dynamic routing, or unauthorized number replacement.
- Content Violation: A $10,000 pass-through fee for each unique instance of the third or any subsequent notification of content violating the T-Mobile Code of Conduct involving the same content provider. This includes SHAFT (Sex, Hate, Alcohol, Firearms, Tobacco) violations, spam, phishing, and messaging that meets the Severity 0 violation threshold per the CTIA Short Code Monitoring Handbook.
Per-message fees (Outbound only):
- $0.005 per segment SMS
- $0.01 per segment MMS